Q: What is Cookie?
- Cookie is small packet of information maintained by website at client system
- Memory allocation for Cookie will be done at client system
- All cookies of website are transmitted between client and server along with request and response in the form of cookies collection
Q: What type of data can be stored in Cookie?
Ans: Only simple plain text can be maintained in Cookie.
Q: How many cookies are allowed for website at client system?
- According to w3c at the maximum 20 cookies allowed, but it totally dependens on browser.
- Most of the browsers supports 5 to 8 cookies only.
Q: How the cookies are transmitted between client and server?
Ans: In the form of cookies collection along with request and response.
Q: What the maximum amount of data that can be stored with the help of cookies?
- Maximum size will be upto 4kb only.
- All cookies of a website will be maintained in separate cookie file and its max size will be 4kb.
Q: What is Cookie Dictionary?
Ans: A cookie dictionary is a single cookie object that stores multiple pieces of information. You use the Values property to access and assign new values to the cookie dictionary.
Q: Maximum number of permanent cookies allowed in client system?
Ans: At the maximum 300 cookies are allowed in client system
Q: How to create a Cookie in asp.net website?
- By using HttpCookie class object
- After creating cookie it will be attached to Response Object to send it to client
HttpCookie httpCookie = new HttpCookie("Username","vikram"); Response.Cookies.Add(httpCookie);
Q: What are the disadvantages of cookies?
- Cookies are maintained at client system, so that they are not secure.
- Limited number of cookies are allowed for website(Max: 20).
- Limited amount of data can be maintained(Max: 4kb).
- Only plain text can be maintained.
Q: Where can you find the usage of cookies in your development?
- To maintain authentication details we can make use of authentication cookie.
- To transmit session id between client and server.
Q: What the default authentication cookie name?
Q: What is the Cookie name used for transmitting sessionid between client and server?
Q: How to disable cookies in client browser?
Ans: We can make use of browser options, it depends on browser.
Q: Where the memory for temporary cookie is allocated?
Ans: As part of browser process memory, so it is also called In-memory cookie (or) In-process cookie.
Q: What are different types of cookies?
Ans: There are two types of cookies
- Temporary cookie
- Permanent cookie
If you enjoyed this post, please like (or) share this article.