How many types of triggers are there?
Updated on October 16, 2014 VIKRAM 505
There are two types of triggers.
- These triggers run after an insert, update or delete on a table. They are not supported for views.
- After Triggers can be classified further into three types as
- AFTER INSERT Trigger.
- AFTER UPDATE Trigger.
- AFTER DELETE Trigger.
Instead of Triggers:
- These can be used as an interceptor for anything that anyone tried to do on our table or view.
- If you define an Instead of Trigger on a table for the Delete operation, then try to delete rows, 2 and they will not actually get deleted (unless you issue another delete instruction from within the trigger)
- Instead of Triggers can be classified further into three types as
- INSTEAD OF INSERT Trigger.
- INSTEAD OF UPDATE Trigger.
- INSTEAD OF DELETE Trigger.
If you enjoyed this post, please like (or) share this article.