Q: What is DataList control?
- It is introduced from asp.net 1.0
- It is used to generate the reports accroding to requirements
- Records can be shown to the user horizontaly or verticaly
- To bind the data with control we neeed to make use of templates
Q: What are the different types of templates available in the Datalist control?
- HeaderTemplate: It is used to bind data with header part of the datalist control.
- ItemTemplate: It is used to bind data with item in datalist control.
- AlternatingItemTemplate: It is used to bind data with alternate items of datalist control.
- SeperateTemplate: It is used to provide seperator between items in datalist.
- FooterTemplate: It is used to provide some footer to the datalist control.
Q: What are the operations supported by DataList control?
Ans: Edit, Delete.
Q: What are the operations not supported by DataList Control?
Ans: Paging, Insert.