JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
II Year B.Tech. ECE. II-Sem T P C
4+1* 0 4
ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS ANALYSIS
- To familiarize the student with the analysis and design of basic transistor amplifier circuits and their frequency response characteristics, feedback amplifiers, oscillators, large sinal amplifiers and tuned amplifies
SINGLE STAGE AMPLIFIERS & MULTI STAGE AMPLIFIERS
SINGLE STAGE AMPLIFIERS: Classification of Amplifiers - Distortion in Amplifiers, Analysis of CE, CC, and CB Configurations with simplified hybrid Model, Analysis of CE amplifier with Emitter Resistance and Emitter follower, Miller's Theorem and its dual, Design of Single Stage RC Coupled Amplifier using BJT.
MULTI STAGE AMPLIFIERS: Analysis of Cascaded RC Coupled BJT amplifiers, Cascode Amplifier, Darlington Pair, Different Coupling Schemes used in Amplifiers - RC Coupled Amplifier, Transformed Coupled Amplifier, Direct Coupled Amplifier.
BJT AMPLIFIERS AND MOS AMPLIFIERS
BJT Amplifiers - Frequency response: Logarthms, Decibles, General frequency considarations, Frequency response of BJT Amplifier, Analysis at Low and High frequencies, Effect of coupling Emitter Transistor Model, CE Short circuits current Gain, Current Gain with Resistive Load, Single Stage CE Transistor Amplifier Response, Gain - Bandwidth Product, Emmiter follower at high Frequencies.
MOS Amplifiers: Basic concepts, MOS Small signal model, Common source amplifier with Resistive load.
FEEDBACK AMPLIFIERS AND OSCILLATORS
FeedBack Amplifiers: Concept of Feedback, Classification of Feedback Amplifiers, General characteristics of Negative Feedback Amplifiers, Effect of Feedback on Amplifier Characteristics, Voltage Series, Volatage Shuts, Current Series and Current Shunt Feedback Configurations, Illustive Problems.
Oscillator: Classification of Oscillator, Conditions for Oscillations, RC phase shift Oscillator, Generalized analysis of LC oscillations - Hartley, and colpitts Oscillators, Wien - Bridge & Crystal Oscillors, Stability of Oscillators.
LARGE SIGNAL AMPLIFIERS: Classification, Class A Large Signal Amplifiers, Transformed Coupled Class A Audio Power Amplifier, Efficiency of Class A Amplifier, Class B Amplifier, Efficiency of Class B Amplifier, Class - B Push - Pull Amplifier, Complementary Symmetry Class B Push - Pull Amplifier, Distortion in Power Amplifier, Thermal Stability and Heat Sinks.
TUNED AMPLIFIERS: Introduction, Q - Factor, Small Signal Tuned Amplifier, Effect of Cascading Single Tuned Amplifiers on Bandwidth, Effect of Casading Double Tuned Amplifiers on Bandwidth, Stagger Tunned Amplifiers, Stability of Tuned Amplifiers.
TEXT BOOKS :
- Integrated Electronics – J. Millman and C. C. Halkias, 1991 Ed., 2008, TMH.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits, B. P. Singh, Rekha Singh, Pearson, 2013.
- Design of Analog CMOS integrated Circuits - Behzad Razavi, 2008, TMH.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Theory – Robert L. Boylestad and Louis Nashelsky, 9 Ed., 2008 PE.
- Micro Electronic Circuits – Sedra A.S. and K.C. Smith, Oxford University Press.
- Electronic Devices and Circuits - S. Salivahan, N.Suresh Kumar, A Vallavaraj, 2 Ed., 2009, TMH.
- Electronic Circuit Analysis and Design – Donald A. Neaman, Mc Graw Hill.
- Electronic Circuit Analysis – K. Lal Kishore, BS Publications, 2004.
Upon completion of the subject, student will be able to:
- Design and Analyse the DC bias circuitry of BJT and FET.
- Analysis the different types of amplifiers, operation and its characteristics
- Design circuits like amplifiers, oscillators using the transistor diodes and oscillators.